You’re probably thinking to yourself, not another post where someone says how the new year will change them and how they will make new years resolutions. I don’t make resolutions to be honest. My birthday is new years day and the celebrations can often extend into the month.
This post was inspired by another blog that I follow who made a list of 30 things they would like to do before 30. Luckily, they had 5 years ro complete their list. I do not. I have one whole year as I’m 29 this time.
So here are 13 things I’d like to try/achieve before I turn 30:
- Learn to swim- oh my, I find this embarrassing but I can’t swim. I say it every year but this time I will do it!
- Cover up a rubbish tattoo- I have a star on my back/shoulder area. I need to get that sorted ge fire I’m 30.
- Drink more water- easily done? Nope! Well not for me anyway as I don’t like water 😣 I will definitely make more of an effort!
- Think more carefully about the company I keep- that’s right. I’ve learnt over the years that you can’t always trust everyone.
- Plan meals- hubby and I are often like ships that pass in the night. Planning meals means we can both eat well and not skip meals as “there’s no point making for one of us.”
- Treat myself to the handbag I’ve wanted for ages- I’ve been saying I’d like a certain bag for a while. It’s by Lulu Guinness and it’s around £250. When I get it depends on my weight loss goals being achieved but that’s a story for another post.
- Go back to volunteering- I used to volunteer a lot but when I became a teacher I found that I just didn’t have the time to help. Before I’m 30, I’d love to do some more volunteering.
- Run 5k or 10k- I can’t run. I generally end up with black eyes when I try but I think this is the time to try and achieve it.
- Go back to cycling more- I used to cycle everywhere and then I passed the driving test and that just went by the wayside. I’d love to do it again.
- Sing more- I used to sing all the time. I was half decent but lack of practice and then smoking after that mean my voice is not what it was. Time to change that this year. Maybe I could join a choir. Watch this space.
- Keep up to this blog! 😂😂
- Further my education- whether that means doing my masters or something else I would love to continue my studies 🙂
- Pick up the sax and learn all over again. I was going to play the saxophone at work and I practiced hard and realised I could definitely get back to where I was with it!
Wow, so lots of things to work on this year! I’d love to hear from you and share the kind of things you’re working on.